Data Protection Consent Statement
You hereby consent that Flender GmbH, Germany, and its group companies (hereinafter eferred as to “Flender”) processes your personal data in course of the application process as described below.
You understand that the provision of your consent is voluntary and that you have the right to withdraw your consent with future effect at any time by using the Online Form. In case you withdraw your consent, Flender may only further process your personal data where there is another legal ground for the processing.
1. What categories of data will be processed?
Flender processes the following personal data about you (“Your Data”)
- Information that you actively provide to us in the application process or information collected by us in the course of your interviews and assessments, such as your name, contact details, qualifications, information about your previous employment, work experience, qualifications and skills and possibly also audio and video recordings of your person (“Application Data”). We do not ask you to provide us with special categories of personal data (i.e. information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, health or sexual orientation) as part of your Application Data, unless explicitly required by law in a given case. In case you provide us with special categories of personal data you hereby explicitly consent to the processing of these data as described herein.
- Publicly available professional data about you, such as data that are published in business- and employment-oriented social networks or websites such as LinkedIn and Xing (“Professional Social Network Data”). For the avoidance of any doubt, data contained in social networks or websites that have no business- and employment-oriented context, are not considered as Professional Social Network Data and are therefore not processed by us.
- Account details of your third party social media websites (“Login Credentials”), if voluntarily provided by you.
2. What are the purposes for which we process Your Data?
Flender process Application Data and Professional Social Network Data for the following purposes:
- To process your application;
- To assess qualifications and personal experience;
- To distribute you with information, materials and invitations related to your application;
- To support and enhance our service.
- Flender process your Login Credentials for the following purposes:
- To simplify the login process to the recruiting platform (this allows you direct access to the platform once you have signed in to your third party social media account, like Gmail or Yahoo!) or if you want to import social media profile information (for example, from LinkedIn) into the platform.
- To allow you to import your profile information contained business- and employment-oriented social networks into the Flender recruitment platform.
3. For how long do we store Your Data?
We store Your Data for a period of three years (3), unless statutory retention obligations under applicable law (such as tax or commercial law) require us to further retain Your Data.
4. Who are the recipients of Your Data?
4.1 If you opted to apply for specific job positions, your Application Data and Professional Social Network Data will be shared by Flender with the Flender group company/companies offering the relevant job position and the respective line- and HR-managers responsible for making a hiring decision and the responsible recruiters in the Flender group companies.
4.2 If you opted to be considered for open positions globally Flender will share your Application Data and Professional Social Network Data with all Flender group companies worldwide
4.3 In addition, Flender may commission service providers (so-called data processors) that support us with processing and use of Your Data, in particular in the area of IT-services.
4.4 Recipients of Your Data may possibly be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area, in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data protection as the laws of your home country (each a “Third Country”). In such cases, Flender takes measures to implement appropriate and suitable safeguards for the protection of personal data by other means.
- We share Your Data with Flender companies in third countries only if they have implemented the Flender Binding Corporate Rules („BCR“) for the protection of personal data. Further information about the Flender BCR can be found in the Binding Corporate Rules.
- We transfer Your Data to external recipients in third countries only in case the respective recipient (i) entered into EU Standard Contractual Clauses with Flender, (ii) implemented Binding Corporate Rules in its organization or (iii) – in case of US recipients – the recipient is certified under the Privacy Shield. Affected individuals may request further information and copies of the safeguards by contacting Flender.
4.5 The recruiting process for some job offerings may require your voluntary participation in evaluation, selection or similar processes conducted by third parties. In such case Flender AG or the Flender group company offering the relevant job position will inform you about the respective process(es) and recipient(s) in the course of the recruiting process and before transferring Application Data to such recipient.
5. How to access Your Data? What are your rights?
Under applicable data protection law you may additionally – provided that the respective legal pre-conditions are met – have the right to:
- Obtain from Flender confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
- Obtain from Flender the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
- Obtain from Flender the erasure of your personal data;
- Obtain from Flender restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
- Obtain from Flender a copy of personal data concerning you, which you actively provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request from Flender that we transmit those data to another recipient selected by you; and
- Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of personal data concerning you.
6. Who to contact in case I have questions or wish to exercise my rights?
If you have general or specific questions related to your application, you may use this Online Form.
The Flender Chief Data Privacy Officer and his team (the “Flender Data Protection Organization”) provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Flender Data Privacy organization may be contacted at: dataprotection@Flender.com.
The Flender Data Privacy Organization will always use best efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Flender Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.