Slewing gear drives are used to position driven machines. They are proven in many different applications, such as cranes, excavators, and drilling platforms. FLENDER gear units for slewing gear drives have a modular design. They can be combined with a long or short lantern gear drive on the output side. The mounted output pinions are manufactured according to the customer's specifications. On the input side, we offer solutions for both electric motors and high-speed or low-speed hydraulic motors, some of which are already standardized.
One frequently requested alternative, particularly as a gear unit for slewing gear drives in bucket wheel excavators, consists of a FLENDER planetary gear unit with a bevel or bevel helical gear unit on the input side. The drive motor and a brake are arranged on a bracket on the gear unit, so that the system no longer needs to be aligned on site. A brake is always mounted between the motor and the gear unit in order to fix the boom in a defined position. An overload safety mechanism can additionally be provided to protect the boom and the drive against inadmissibly high loads.
Your benefits at a glance
- Compact, space-saving design
- Low weight
- Low noise level
- Variable lantern gear drive lengths acc. to the customer's specification
- Modular design creates increased flexibility and multiple mounting options
- No alignment on-site due to bracket with motor, gear unit, brake and coupling
- Customized solutions for specific projects
- Option of eccentric installation to enable the backlash to be adjusted between the pinion and the girth gear
- Optimized sealing systems prolong the service life
- Drilling platforms