- Torsionally rigid, backlash-free, all-steel multiple-disk coupling
- Nominal torque range from TKN = 5 Nm up to 10,000,000 Nm
- Temperature range: from –40 °C to +280 °C
Versatile and compact
ARPEX® all-steel couplings are very compact and stand out due to their particularly good power-to-weight ratio. Their versatility makes them suitable for universal use.
In these all-steel couplings, the torque is transmitted by torsionally rigid, flexible disks. The disks are joined together with bushes and rings to form a compact disk pack which ensures easy and reliable installation.
Two disk packs connected to a spacer are capable of compensating for axial, radial and angular shaft misalignments. Couplings with one disk pack can only compensate for angular and axial misalignments.
The ARPEX coupling covers a wide range of products by means of many different series and sizes:
- ARS-6 series: standard series for universal use
- ARC-8 series: optimized for high torques
- ARP-6 series: optimized for pump drives (according to API 610/API 671)
- ARW-4/6 series: optimized for large shaft misalignments
- ARF-6 series: optimized for extremely restricted space
- Composite series: optimized for drives with large shaft distances
Your benefits at a glance
- Compensation in angular, radial and axial shaft misalignment possible
- Independent of the direction of rotation (suitable for reversing operation)
- Torsionally rigid and free of circumferential backlash
- Low restoring forces
- Low-vibration (even with maximum permissible speeds)
- Easy assembly through compact structural design
- Conformity to API 610 and API 671
- Suitable for use in potentially explosive environments; certified according to 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
Made in Germany, worldwide in use
- Mining and Cement: conveyor belts, apron conveyors, bucket elevators, tube mills, bucket excavators, crushers, roller presses, separators, heating technology, slurry pumps
- Steel Production: shears, reversing rolling mills, pilger rolling mills
- Cranes: hoisting and luffing gear system, slewing gear systems, trolley and travel gear systems
- Marine and Shipbuilding: single-engine ships, multi-engine ships, dredgers, generator gearboxes, installation vessels
- Oil and Gas: installation vessels, pumps, fans, compressors, air condensers, jack-up rigs
- Power Generation: air condensers, generators, gas turbines, cooling towers, water turbines, boiler feed pumps
- Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals: driers, pumps and compressors, mixers, cooling towers, agitators, reactors
- Plastics and Rubber: single- and double-screw extruders
- Pulp and Paper: waste paper, wet section, dry section, smoothers and cylinders, reel winders, coating machines, calenders, wastewater purification plants
- Water and Wastewater: aerators, water screw pumps
- Food and Beverage: lauter tuns, reactors, agitators, mixer drives, filling systems
- Sugar: generators, steam turbines, sugar cane mills
- Railway Vehicles: railway couplings
- Passenger Transport: cable cars
- Other fields of application: test benches, wood milling, packaging machines
Did you know?
All coupling parts like hubs, spacers and flanges are manufactured from high-grade steel; the plates are made from stainless, hard-rolled CrNi spring steel. This is why the ARPEX does not need maintenance and operates without wear. Thus, a very long service life can be ensured. Our ARPEX couplings deliver the proof: they have been in use in the most diverse applications for decades.