- Highly flexible rubber disk coupling to connect machines with high torque fluctuations
- Nominal torque range from TKN = 330 Nm up to 63,000 Nm with 17 sizes
- Temperature range: from –40 °C to +120 °C
Flexible and adaptable
Owing to its low torsional rigidity and damping properties the ELPEX-S® coupling is very well suited to connecting machines with considerably non-uniform torque characteristics. The inside diameter of the rubber disk element is vulcanized on a flange. ELPEX-S couplings are designed as a flange/shaft connection or shaft/shaft connection as standard. The hub can take a taper bush.
Your benefits at a glance
- Insulates torsional vibrations with linear torsion spring characteristics
- Many kinds of flange connection are possible (including SAE)
- Easy plug-in assembly even for mounting positions that are difficult to access
- Types are available where the rubber disk element can be replaced without the need to move the coupled machines
- Overload protection for the motor and the driven machine
- Suitable for use in potentially explosive environments; certified according to 2014/34/EU (ATEX)
Made in Germany, in use all over the world
Used in general mechanical engineering; especially suitable for drives
- comprising internal combustion engines
- comprising piston compressors
- for cement mills
Moreover suitable for:
- Mining and Cement: tube mills, vertical mills, crushers
- Steel Production: shears, straightening machines, reversing rolling mills, pilger rolling mills
- Sugar: sugar cane mills
Did you know?
Since the different rubber versions enable the torsional stiffness to be adjusted to meet requirements, the coupling is also suitable for drives which require a specific and preferably precalculated torsional vibration behavior setting.