- Elastic, double-jointed cardan coupling
- Nominal torque range up to TKN = 5,861 Nm with 5 sizes
- Temperature range: from –30 °C to +70 °C
Good connections thanks to quality
FLENDER GKG® cardan couplings are elastic, double-jointed output couplings used to compensate for primary suspension misalignments in the bogie with full torque transmission between the gear unit and the powered wheel set shaft. They permit very large shaft displacements and allow major misalignments between the axle and the gear unit while generating only very slight reaction forces.
FLENDER GKG coupling parts can be installed individually on the gear unit and wheel set shaft. The coupling parts come with pre-installed self-calibrated spherical bearings with protected rubber elements. These have a long service life of up to one million kilometers of vehicle travel. By screwing the brackets onto the spherical bearing pins, the coupling can be installed simply using standard tools. The spacer automatically centers itself.
Your benefits at a glance
- Long service life of up to one million kilometers of vehicle travel
- Spherical rubber elements permit very large shaft displacements and allow major misalignments between the axle and the gear unit
- Low reaction forces
Made in Germany, worldwide in use