KM2P Vertical Mill Gearboxes
The high demand for KMPP shows clearly how pleased the market is with them. In response to customer requirements we have, with the KM2P gear unit generation, technologically perfected our solutions for the 2,000 to 9,000 kW power range in particular. With their high power density thanks to the use of two planetary gear stages KM2P gear units are intended for use in the clinker and slag grinding sector.
This further development of vertical mill gear units with dual planetary gear stage is based on decades of field experience gained from many applications all over the world. The result is a highly standardised modular concept that is optimally tailored to meet
mill requirements established in the market. Consideration has also been given to greater accessibility in order to facilitate service. The optimised sliding bearing concept is also suitable for larger grinding bowls. Despite higher standardisation our gear unit range offers high variability thanks to a large number of optional features and outputs.
KM2P stands for increased possibilities with regard to availability, safety and security, flexibility and service.
- Construction: bevel-gear stage, planetary stage, planetary stage
- Outputs: 2,000 … 9,000 kW
- Number of unit sizes: 13
- Transmission ratios: i = 1:31 … 1:56
- Operating torque: 800,000 … 4,000,000 Nm [P/n2 = 81 … 408]
- Thrust bearings: fully hydrostatic
Your benefits at a glance
- Greater reliability with a higher level of security all through
- Compact design thanks to high power density
- Cost benefits for mill design
- Better availability worldwide thanks to standardisation
- Better compatibility thanks to standardisation
- Flexibility thanks to modular variability
- High standard offers better serviceability and handling benefits
- Extended torque range suitable for larger mills
Areas of application
- Clinker grinding
- Slag grinding