ELPEX Flexible Ring Coupling
- Highly flexible, backlash-free tire coupling
- Nominal torque range from TKN = 1,600 Nm up to 90,000 Nm with 9 sizes
- Temperature range: from –40 °C to +80 °C
Flexible and adaptable
Owing to its low torsional stiffness and damping properties the ELPEX® coupling is very well suited to connecting machines with considerably non-uniform torque characteristics. Types with a fail-safe device between the flexible rings ensure emergency operation if the flexible rings are destroyed.
Your benefits at a glance
- Suitable for high dynamic loads
- Good damping properties
- Available as a fail-safe coupling
- Available as a shaft and flange coupling
- Designs available that comply with API 610 and API 671
Made in Germany, worldwide in use
For drives with periodically excited systems, such as
- Internal combustion engines
- Piston compressors
- Piston pumps
For drives subject to high shock loads or large shaft misalignments, for example in
Moreover suitable for
- Mining and Cement: tube mills, vertical mills, crushers
- Steel Production: shears, straightening machines, reversing rolling mills, pilger rolling mills
- Sugar: sugar cane mills
Did you know?
The ELPEX coupling’s transmission characteristics are determined essentially by the flexible rings. These flexible rings are manufactured from a natural rubber blend with a multi-ply fabric lining. They are split so that they can be changed without having to move the coupled machines.